Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After our project manager inspects and damages the assessment, our team begins the water extraction. Extracting removes majority of water. The equipment we use consists of powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units that remove hundreds and thousands of gallons of water. We have top of the line air movers and dehumidifiers to assist with the dry out. Working behind the equipment is our highly trained team members. Our team keeps up with regulations and proper use of equipment and knowledge by continually attending classes. All of our water technicians are certified in a water damage class. You can relax knowing you have the professionals on the job.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Carlsbad can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.