Recent Fire Damage Posts
Experts in Fire Damage Cleanup!
Our pack-out team properly packs and stores our customers belongings before beginning the cleaning of the home. We remove all damage from smoke & soot
It doesn't matter the time of day or the actual day, our team is always prepared to help you. For example in this photo our contents team is headed down to El Centro on a Saturday to help cleanup a fire damage.
We have the most helpful staff in the industry. From the second you call our office to schedule an inspection to the final walk through. We are there for you from start to finish. Our project managers are though-rough and efficient.
The high praise we get from customers after a job is finished is what we are really proud of.
If you want a team that genuinely cares for you and your property then SERVPRO of Carlsbad is the restoration team for you. We take pride in the work we provide.
Fire Restoration: Smoke & Soot Cleanup
A fire can spread rapidly once it starts.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Wet Smoke: Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke: Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today (760)729-7505
Most Fires Start in the Kitchen.
It only takes seconds for a grease fire to spread rapidly throughout the room and eventually house if it is not stopped in time.
Who knew cooking in your kitchen could turn into this? This tenant in Escondido was planning to have a peaceful dinner at the rental property before this situation occurred. It's important to always be prepared for the worst in the event that this happens. It can happen to anyone but there are ways you can be more prepared for it. Always keep clutter out of the kitchen. Wipe down all surfaces in the kitchen including floors and walls so there are no flammable spills or layers of film for the fire to catch onto easily. Keep baking soda in reach of the stove top to throw on any open flames. Baking soda cuts off the oxygen supply to a fire similar to a fire extinguisher. In the case the fire is not tamable immediately call your local fire department and evacuate the premises. Always use caution when cooking and if you do experience a disaster like this, SERVPRO of Carlsbad will be there to clean it up for you.
House Fire Cleanups.
Our team always has the proper PPE for fire cleanups.
Fires can be scary and they leave behind a lot of damage. Here are some tips you can do while waiting for help to arrive to your property.
- Limit movement in the property.
- Keep hands clean because soot can ruin upholstery and walls.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely to prevent odors.
- Wipe away soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Leave HVAC system off until a professional can check it.
- Attempt to wash walls or clean upholstery before contacting SERVPRO of Carlsbad.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances because you may cause further damage.
- Consume any food or beverages that were stored close to the fire.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock.
- Use your regular dry cleaner for smoke odored clothes because it may make the smell worse.
Kitchen fires start easily and spread FAST
Tips for containing a grease fire:
- Turn off the heat.
- Cover the flames with a metal lid or baking pan.
- For smaller flames, you can smother it with baking soda.
- Larger flames can be put out with a fire extinguisher.
- Do not pour water on the flames.
- Do not try to move the pan anywhere.
If you are not able to extinguish the fire quickly and it begins to spread, get out of the home immediately.
Call 911 once you are in a safe place outside the home.
Do not go back inside for anything until firefighters contain the fire completely.
You can prevent kitchen fires from happening by not leaving open flames unattended.
Keep flammable items away from flames.
Heat things at a lower flame setting especially when cooking with oil.
Keep these tips in mind when using heat sources in the home.
In the event that you do experience a fire damage in your home, once the fire is out call SERVPRO of Carlsbad to help cleanup and get your kitchen back to working condition.
Power shutoffs to prevent fires.
Fires can easily start when lightning strikes power lines.
We are in fire season and the wind is starting to pick up while temperatures drop. SD&E issued a map of California with a list of potential cities power to be shut off in the case of higher winds. So if the winds start to blow too hard the power is going to be shut off in certain cities to avoid power lines blowing over and starting fires. Every year the cities take more precautions to avoid devastating fires. Last year in Vista a power line fell and blocked Buena Creek road for hours. Not only was the power out but the traffic was not able to drive through as well. Make sure that you have a solid fire escape route set in the case of an emergency!
By turning off the power, they are able to help control fires from starting due to storm damage.