House Fire Cleanups.
Fires can be scary and they leave behind a lot of damage. Here are some tips you can do while waiting for help to arrive to your property.
- Limit movement in the property.
- Keep hands clean because soot can ruin upholstery and walls.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely to prevent odors.
- Wipe away soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Leave HVAC system off until a professional can check it.
- Attempt to wash walls or clean upholstery before contacting SERVPRO of Carlsbad.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances because you may cause further damage.
- Consume any food or beverages that were stored close to the fire.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock.
- Use your regular dry cleaner for smoke odored clothes because it may make the smell worse.