SERVPRO® Expands PGA Sponsorship with PGA Fantasy Golf
Local cleanup and restoration specialist says the season’s first major golf tournament is a great time to “master” Fantasy Golf skills
Vista, CA (Grassroots Newswire) March 22, 2017 - There is an old adage: “It never rains on a golf course.” As the official cleanup and restoration company of the PGA TOUR, SERVPRO® knows this isn’t true, but rain or shine, fans follow their favorite players’ performance at PGA golf tournaments throughout the season. Recognizing the ever-growing popularity of the game, SERVPRO has expanded its relationship with the PGA TOUR by becoming the presenting sponsor of the PGA Fantasy Golf games, available at pgatour.com/fantasy.
“We know people don’t associate SERVPRO with the wide-open spaces and fair weather feeling of a golf course. After all, SERVPRO is the company you turn to when the unexpected, even the unthinkable, happens to your home or business,” says Mark Weinberger, owner of SERVPRO® of Carlsbad. “But each SERVPRO business is also a local business, there to support the community in good times and bad. Teaming up with the PGA TOUR as the sponsor of their Fantasy Golf Suite helps us build connections within our local community. We want local home and business owners to know that we are there for them ready to respond at a moment’s notice if things go wrong.”
The new “One & Done” games were launched on January 3, 2017*, but the game structure allows players to join in on the fun at any point during the current season. Each week, game players select one player to earn points for them in that week’s tournament. The PGA Tour Fantasy game is based on accumulated FedEx Cup points and the PGA Tour Champions game is based on accumulated Charles Schwab Cup points. A player may select a given golfer for a tournament in each of the One & Done games only once in each season. Since some tournaments earn a pro golfer more points than others, game strategy is based on selecting the right golfers for the right tournaments.
“With the first major tournament of the season—The Masters—just around the corner, now is a great time to start your One & Done game for this year’s tour,” says Weinberger. “If you ‘master’ the trick of choosing the right golfers in the right tournaments, you could jump to the top of your Fantasy league.” The top finisher in the PGA TOUR game will win a new set of golf clubs, while the top prize for the PGA TOUR Champions game is a trip for two to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Phoenix Country Club in Phoenix, Arizona, November 6-12.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad specializes in disaster restoration, cleanup and repair services, helping to remediate damage, making it “Like it never even happened,” for both commercial and residential customers. For more information on SERVPRO of Carlsbad, please contact Mark Weinberger at (760) 729-7505 or SERVPRO8724@roadrunner.com.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO’s professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss events. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.
Preventive Measures To Control Mold In Your Home
Are there any preventative measures I can take to reduce my risk of mold growing in my home?
Yes, there are things you can do to keep mold growth at bay; the most important element to control is moisture. We specifically use the term “moisture” because we don't simply mean water in its liquid form, but water vapor as well, which could be from steam created in the home naturally. Bathing, cooking or humid air that enter the home from outside can all be factors that condense into water, leaving a hospitable environment for mold to thrive.
Ways to COMBAT natural moisture from taking hold in your home:
While using your bathroom use your ventilated vent system to pull extra moisture out of the air. Keep air vent on for 30 minutes post use.
Similarly, when cooking, use your exhaust fan (grease trap) in your range hood to send steam outside to prevent buildup.
Of course, while there's not much you can do to prevent humidity from entering your home, there are a few things you can do to keep it under control and to prevent mold growth. For instance, while we don't recommend running your air conditioner in the winter (it can be uncomfortable and wasted energy during the colder months); however, we are aware that when one does run their air conditioner, it removes humidity from the air. When it cools the air, moisture condenses into water and is removed from the home through a drain line. This might be especially useful for people who live in particularly high humidity communities.
In winter, keep an eye on window glass and window frames. As humid the air inside the home meets cold window panes from the decreased temperature outside, water droplets develop and moisten the window frames, sills, and window coverings. Again, producing a friendly living environment for mold growth. If there is dust or even soap scum on the window or frame, mold can attach on these materials as they are an excellent food source for mold. Cleaning, dusting, and inspecting indoor windows panes is an excellent place to watch for indicators of indoor mold growth.
Lastly, the most direct problem of water that enters your home in its liquid form. In any event of water intrusion from plumbing or an overflow of water that enters from outdoors, the effected surfaces must be dried out quickly and immediately. It is not wise to trust your sense of touch when it comes to determining if a surface is dry, it is misleading. Have a reputable water damage restoration service meter the surface for moisture. Oftentimes, it will feel total dry to the touch but be aware that water trapped behind, under, or alongside cabinetry is prime space for harboring mold growth. Timely response from a skilled water damage restorer can mean the difference between drying existing cabinetry and wall cavities versus having to completely renovate effected areas. When it comes to hard and carpeted flooring there’s much that can be done so long as it is done early in the incident. Take immediate action to protect your wallet, your home, your family and their air quality.
Mold Clean Ups in Schools to Ensure Safety
SERVPRO of Carlsbad is here to help you with mold damage. Call us today at 760-729-7505!
SERVPRO® of Carlsbad is ready and equipped to help with many different disasters, including clean ups due to microbial growth in schools. Microbial growth is a concern for all of us but select populations of people are more vulnerable to be affected. When children are concerned we do not feel there is a limit to precautions and safety measures to be taken. We are able to help local schools who have microbial growth in their buildings safely and correctly mediate the problem. We work after hours and over weekends to limit exposure to any dust or particulates as well as comply with third party testing to certify that work was done correctly and completely. If you suspect there is microbial growth present call us to speak about solutions at 760-729-7505. #SERVPROCarlsbad #SERVPRO #LikeItNeverEvenHappened #HereToHelp #ReBuildingStories
Commercial Damage Restoration by SERVPRO of Carlsbad
When a commercial building is in good condition, property managers won’t expect the slightest water leak in the ceiling to cause a major problem. However, an instantaneous pipe bursting can cause a catastrophe due to flooding. Water damage is a major issue and, if not properly handled, it can cause a building to have mold and a deteriorating structure due to water damage.
Here are three reasons to use SERVPRO of Carlsbad in Florida to restore, clean, and repair commercial buildings after water damage:
- Remove The Water Damage: To fix the situation in a timely manner, property owners hire professionals who specialize in water damage restoration to repair the structure, flooring, and any items that can be saved. SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach is here to help with water damage restoration and cleanup restoration.
- Avoid Losing Business:When a flood happens, business owners aren’t prepared to close up shop and lose business over it. With this in mind, professionals who work closely with commercial restoration will help bring your businesses back up and running. SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach offers cleaning services to help restore businesses and have them back up and running without major damage.
- Prevent Further Damage: Water damage can cause an unpleasant odor; it also sinks into the walls and flooring causing discoloration and mold. Drying the area with excessive heat causes humidity to increase; this leads to bacteria. To prevent this, commercial businesses must act quickly as possible by calling an emergency cleaning service.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad services include water damage restoration, mold remediation, storm restoration, fire damage repair, and commercial cleaning services. Their professionals understand how important it is to fix an emergency situation and keep a business operating. To schedule an appointment, call them at (760) 729-7505.
3 Reasons to Hire Biohazard Cleanup Professionals
SERVPRO of Carlsbad biohazard cleanup professionals on the job at a local site.
When it comes to cleaning up an area in the aftermath of a traumatic event, it’s likely a task you wouldn’t even know where to begin tackling. More importantly, if blood or other bodily fluids are involved, it creates an unsafe environment for you to be around. This is why St. Augustine residents turn to SERVPRO of Carlsbad for professional biohazard cleanup.
The local company specializes in many types of emergency cleaning services and helps to reduce the risk of health hazards and property damage. Having them clean up the scene in a timely and efficient manner benefits their clients in the following ways:
- Heath Safety: Being exposed to this kind of hazardous condition can result in serious health problems if not handled correctly. Bodily fluids have the potential to pass on a variety of diseases to someone who isn’t trained in their proper disposal.
- Appropriate Materials & Equipment: Professional biohazard cleanup services utilize the right kind of cleaning materials and equipment to make certain the scene is thoroughly decontaminated. It takes higher strength cleaning products to ensure all hazards have been removed.
- Relieve The Burden: Biohazard cleanup situations not only pose a threat for physical damages, but there is the emotional aspect to consider as well. Cleaning up after a loved one means reliving the trauma over and over, which no one should have to go through.
Whatever the circumstances that led to the need for biohazard cleanup, it’s imperative that a professional be called to take on the job as quickly as possible. Contact SERVPRO of Carlsbad at (760) 729-7505, or visit our website for a complete list of community cleaning services.
The Cleaning and Restoration Association Presents Water Damage Restoration Technician Certification Course at SERVPRO of Carlsbad
IICRC’s WRT certification course with Drying Contaminated Buildings
August 24-26, 8:00am-5:00pm
Venue: SERVPRO of Carlsbad - Vista, CA
A unique three-day program that concentrates on drying structures without spreading contaminants. This course incorporates all the information from the IICRC Water Restoration Technician (WRT) exam with an adaptation for contamination. WRT training provides restorers with valuable decision making skills when deciding to proceed with a job that has limited or no mold insurance coverage. Being able to continue on a water-loss without delays limits microbial growth which in turn reduces the cost of remediation, ALE and business interruption. Insurance companies will be more likely to hire restorers that can provide prompt cost-saving services which give your company a marketing advantage.
Early Registration (14 days prior)
CRA Member* ……………………….. $345.00/person
Regular Registration CRA Member * …………………$395.00/person
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Faster to your San Diego County Water Damage Event: What to Expect
SERVPRO of Carlsbad provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in San Diego county.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Carlsbad provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Carlsbad arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7: (760)-729-7505
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Carlsbad
SERVPRO of Carlsbad specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad's Salad Bar Luncheon For Charity
This year, SERVPRO of Carlsbad hosted Soroptimist International of Vista's annual salad bar luncheon at Pilot Property Management in Encinitas, CA.
Each year SERVPRO of Carlsbad provides a saladbar luncheon to an insurance or property management office of choice whereby the food is donated and ticket sales are prepaid by SERVPRO of Carlsbad to all attendees at the luncheon. All of the ticket sale proceeds are donated back to Soroptimist International of Vista-- a non-profit organization that works tirelessly to improve the lives of young women and children in the local community as well as on a global scale. Alongside the luncheon, a short speech is delivered about the mission of Soroptimist and their fight to help underprivleged women & children within the local community.
Soroptimist International of Vista is extensively involved in the fight to stop human trafficking. The charity dilligently works year-round to provide educational opportunities, employment skill training, job placement, shelter, food, and basic neccessities to those in need. Eden Weinberger, co-owner of SERVPRO of Carlsbad. is very active within the charity. She has provided many jobs to women who fell victim to human trafficking and entered the United States from country's oceans away. Each month SERVPRO of Carlsbad hosts Soroptimist International of Vista's monthly meeting in their training room while including the charity in many different events throughout the year.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad "S.B.655" NEW MOLD Law Seminar
SERVPRO of Carlsbad's Mold Law Seminar hosted in Vista, CA.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad's Senate Bill
"S.B. 655" Law Seminar
SERVPRO of Carlsbad recently hosted a law seminar in which the topic of discussion was a recently passed legislative measure in California, "S.B.655". A bill signed by the governor will undercut eviction-delay tactics by unscrupulous tenant attorneys who claim mold as a substandard housing condition.
This new law deems visible mold a "substandard housing condition" and under certain circumstances, property management affiliates can remain liable and subjected to misdemeanor fines if not properly addressed. San Diego has hired an entire team of health inspectors to act on behalf of homeowners and tenants who believe their mold issues have not been properly addressed by their respective property management or HOA company.
This bill is meant to protect both tenant and owner; however, it does seem to get some push back by affiliation groups. We will post on updates about the bill in future blogs.
Our friendly fleet.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad is currently looking to fill three positions: Administrative Assistant, Production Crew Chief & Restoration Technician
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter at a fast-paced company. You need to be ready to take on other roles besides just answering phones and other office duties. We arelooking for someone who is not easily frazzled and able to multi-task efficiently. We need someone who is able to take direction and prioritize their duties in order to get things done in a timely manner. We are looking for someone who would be able to estimate and audit for a restoration company so it is vital that you are someone who learns quickly and works at a fast pace
- Must have great customer service skills and at least one year of office experience? Basic computer skills is a mus
- Experience at a restoration company or dealing with insurance is a plus but not required
- Will need to learn industry software
-Must be very organized
- Experience answering multi-line telephones
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus but not required
- Ability to multi-task, and have a keen attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent written & oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Data entry
- Some calls for collection purposes may be required
Pay rate will depend on experience. This is a full time position. Hours are Monday through Friday 8-5 and will occasionally require some flexibility. We do offer benefits which will be discussed in further detail during the interview process. We are looking to hire right away so if the above mentioned attributes describes you, please send over your resume!
Production Crew Chief:
Local, nationally recognized restoration company is seeking a career-minded project manager. Qualifiedcandidates must be able to meet the key responsibilities listed below.
- Receiving initial emergency mitigation phone call
- Assessment of customer needs and requirements for job set-up
- Must be able to supervise team
- Be available for pre-arranged on-call hours
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be clean shaven and able to wear a respirator
- Physically capable of performing required tasks
- Position includes regular and after hours emergency response duties
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record—No DUI’s
Requirements for Preferred Candidates:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience performing water damage mitigation in a lead position
- IICRC WRT Certification required. AMRT and ASD a plus but not required
-Vacation/PTO after one year
- Medical/Dental eligibility after three months
- This is not an entry level position. Salary $20/hour + bonuses
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Perform production processes following SERVPRO® production guidelines per work order per crew chief directions.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns).
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
- A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
- Because we provide 24 hour emergency services, must be willing to be on call, as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
To apply, please visit our office Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm to fill out an application. Our office is located at: 2540 Pioneer Avenue, Vista, Calif. 92081.
If your schedule does not permit you to apply in person, resumes can be submitted to: Office@SERVPRO8724.Com