Storms Pouring In
The rain will not stop our trucks from reaching you!
Southern California is not known for rainy weather but when it does rain for the few days out of the year, it comes in heavy! We are blessed to live in a beautiful place where the sun is always shining but because of that we do not really prepare ourselves and our properties for the potential damage that a rainstorm can bring. Storms show us the faulty roof tiles, and potential bad workmanship of the home in general. Sadly the only way to know these faults exist is for a rain water leak to show you. As long as SERVPRO gets out there as soon as possible to address to issue early on, it will be less damage to the home and get the home back to working condition quickly.
If you have a leak or water damage in your home or business, call us today for an inspection!
SERVPRO of Carlsbad (760)729-7505
Prepare for flooding.
Water damage can occur with no warning. Protect your home from a flood in every way you can:
- Protect wells from taking safety improvement suggestions from a licensed contractor.
- Make sure your yard slopes away from your home to direct water away from it.
- Have a plumber install an exterior sewer backflow valve.
- Anchor fuel tanks.
- Have an electrician raise switches, sockets, circuit breakers, and wiring at least 12 inches above expected flood levels.
For winter(areas that experience snow):
- Rain can make snow melt quickly.
- Remove snow piled against home.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in foundation.
- Safely remove snow from roofs.
- Clear drains and gutters of debris and assure snow melts away from home.
SERVPRO of Carlsbad (760)729-7505
Tips from: https://disastersafety.org/flood/flood-infographics/
Faster to your San Diego County Water Damage Event: What to Expect
SERVPRO of Carlsbad provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in San Diego county.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Carlsbad provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Carlsbad arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7: (760)-729-7505
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Carlsbad
SERVPRO of Carlsbad specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.