Grease fires are dangerous.
Tips for containing a grease fire:
- Turn off the heat.
- Cover the flames with a metal lid or baking pan.
- For smaller flames, you can smother it with baking soda.
- Larger flames can be put out with a fire extinguisher.
- Do not pour water on the flames.
- Do not try to move the pan anywhere.
If you are not able to extinguish the fire quickly and it begins to spread, get out of the home immediately.
Call 911 once you are in a safe place outside the home.
Do not go back inside for anything until firefighters contain the fire completely.
You can prevent kitchen fires from happening by not leaving open flames unattended.
Keep flammable items away from flames.
Heat things at a lower flame setting especially when cooking with oil.
Keep these tips in mind when using heat sources in the home.
In the event that you do experience a fire damage in your home, once the fire is out call SERVPRO of Carlsbad to help cleanup and get your kitchen back to working condition.